Public Sector Apprenticeships
Ginger Nut Training, a training provider with a difference.
Public sector organisations across the country are already feeling the benefit of training their staff through the apprenticeship scheme.
We design and deliver apprenticeships around the needs your organisation, aligned to national workforce strategy and funded through the apprenticeship levy. Our unique training programmes are ideal to develop the skills of your new and existing staff.
The support workforce makes up 40% of the total NHS workforce.*
Apprenticeships have been proven to benefit both the individual and the wider NHS. Apprenticeships provide a cost effective way to grow the skills and talents of your support staff.
Ginger Nut Training are a proud National Skills Academy for Health Delivery Partner. Our award winning team offers apprenticeship programmes aligned to the Talent for Care and Widening Participation agenda.
Talent for Care
- Get In – opportunities for people to start their career in a support role
- Get On – support people to be the best they can be in the job they do
- Go Further – provide opportunities for career progression, including into registered professions
We offer a full range of apprenticeship frameworks ideal for staff at all levels:
- Intermediate apprenticeship
(Level 2 – equivalent to five A*-C GCSEs)
- Advanced apprenticeship
(Level 3 – equivalent to two A-levels)
- Higher apprenticeship
(Levels 4-5 – equivalent to a foundation degree)
Quality as at the heart of all that we do.
With flexible start dates and in house training, you will save time and money by working with us.
Whether you are looking to develop your clinical or non-clinical staff, We can offer a range of apprenticeships suitable for your support staff including:
Management and Team Leading
IT and Digital
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills (framework)
- Infrastructure Technician Level 3 (standard)
- Digital Marketer Level 3 (standard)
- Data Analyst Level 4 (standard)
- Junior Content Producer Level 3 (coming soon)
- Network Engineer Level 4 (coming soon)
- Software Developer Level 4 (coming soon)
- Cyber Intrusion Analyst Level 4 (coming soon)
- Software Tester Level 4 (coming soon)
- Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 (coming soon)
- Software Development Technician Level 3 (coming soon)
- IS Business Analyst Level 4 (coming soon)
We can also offer additional apprenticeship standards for larger cohorts.
Through our involvement with steering groups for the ESFA and AELP and various employer ambassadorial roles, we remain at the forefront of apprenticeship design and delivery, offering the very best in training.
We believe that the key to a successful apprenticeship is building strong working relationships between the employer (you), the apprentice and the training provider (us). Together we will help you to achieve your vision for a more skilled, qualified and experienced workforce.
Our expert team specialise in public sector workforce planning and apprenticeship implementation. With this insight we offer free advice and support for the public sector, enabling you to get the most from your levy contributions and meet public sector training targets whilst develop your staff in a financially viable means.
The public sector is constantly changing, that’s why we offer optional modules in dementia awareness training, medical terminology, clinical coding and the NHS Constitution all as part of a unique package of learning aimed at benefiting the wider organisation.
How apprenticeships benefit the NHS:
- Improve patient care
- Developing a skilled, motivated and qualified workforce
- Our apprenticeships support career progression and map onto the degree pathway
- Improved productivity – 96% of employers that takes on an apprentice report benefits to their organisation
- Cost effective recruitment and training
- Widening participation and attracting young people in to the NHS
- Strengthen the skills of existing staff
Contact our Public Sector Engagement Manager to find out more about our public sector apprenticeships standards and frameworks as well as our free apprenticeship implementation support.