How Ginger Nut Deliver
Our training delivery is based on a blended model of one-to-one sessions every 4 weeks, with group sessions, webinars, online courses, video, and additional support as required. This means that our learners have the guidance they need as well as the flexibility to learn around the requirements of their jobs. We find that this approach reduces disruption for the learners and their line managers giving everyone the best chance of benefitting from the training and completing the course.
To support learning, all learners are given access to LinkedIn Learning, including bespoke channels designed to support their apprenticeship and Perlego, which includes full searchable access to hundreds of thousands of textbooks to support study.
At the start of the course, we also deliver Cisco Networking Academy Cybersecurity Essentials to enhance the apprentices understanding of the core theories behind Cybersecurity. We can also support learners to earn their CompTIA Security + certification during this apprenticeship.
Cyber Security Technologist delivery is based around remote one-to-one visits, webinars, online learning including video resource and online knowledge exams.
Visits take place every 4-6 weeks and last for a few hours and at least every other visit would need some time with a line manager for a review. All learning is uploaded to, and tracked through, our eLearning platform OneFile so we have a live view of off the job training and learner progress.
The standard gives a general understanding of risks and mitigation in Cyber Security and currently has two potential routes:
- Cyber Security Engineer – covering design, architecture, testing and investigation
- Cyber Risk Analyst – covering operations, governance & compliance
Depending on the route chosen the learners complete a selection of knowledge Modules:
- Cyber Security Introduction
- Network and Digital Communications Theory Knowledge Module
- Security Case Development and Design Good Practice
- Security Technology Building Blocks
- Employment of Cryptography
Risk Analyst route:
- Risk Assessment
- Governance, Organisation, Law, Regulation & Standards
Project Activity and Portfolio Building
Evidence collected will cover knowledge, skills and behaviours and helps the learner build the experience and portfolios they need to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
Gateway and End Point Assessment
We also give the learners mock synoptic projects and EPA interviews to ensure they are ready for the End Point Assessment and know precisely what to expect at all points in the process. The EPA itself includes:
- Scenario Demonstration – This will be a series of 4 practical demonstrations, carried out in front of an End Point Assessor, in a simulated environment.
- Professional Discussion underpinned by Portfolio – A discussion about the contents of the learner’s portfolio.
- Knowledge Test – This encompasses 40 multiple choice questions.
- Project Report – After gateway, apprentices will conduct a project and submit a project report to the EPAO.