How Ginger Nut Deliver
Our training delivery is based on a blended model of one-to-one sessions, at least every 4 weeks, with group sessions, webinars, online courses, video, and additional support as required. This means that our learners have the guidance they need as well as the flexibility to learn around the requirements of their jobs. We find that this approach reduces disruption for the learners and their line managers giving everyone the best chance of benefitting from the training and completing the course.
To support learning, all learners are given access to LinkedIn Learning, including bespoke channels designed to support their apprenticeship and Perlego, which includes full searchable access to hundreds of thousands of textbooks to support study.
At the start of the course, we deliver Cisco Networking Academy Cybersecurity Essentials to enhance the apprentices understanding of the core theories behind cyber security.
The main focus of the visits is around the duties that are covered in the standard which are covered in 5 main areas of focus, with each duty taking a month to cover:
- Attacks, threats and vulnerabilities
- Cyber procedures and controls
- Cyber security culture
- Cyber helpdesk
- Architecture and design
- Security controls
- Information security incidents
- Cryptography and certificates
- Access rights
- Backups and recovery
- Asset registers
- Operations and incident response
- Vulnerability assessments
- Risk and intelligence gathering
- Documentation control
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Policies, standards and guidelines
- Compliance and threat detection
Alongside these we have a series of webinars that run alongside the course and cover a broader understanding for learners of the wider IT area to give learners a thorough grounding.
Project Activity and Portfolio Building
Evidence collected will cover knowledge, skills and behaviours and helps the learner build the experience and portfolios they need to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
Gateway and End Point Assessment
We give learners mock scenario demonstrations and interviews to ensure they are ready for the End Point Assessment and know precisely what to expect at all points in the process. The End Point Assessment itself includes:
- Scenario Demonstration – This will be a series of 4 practical demonstrations, carried out in front of an End Point Assessor, in a simulated environment
- Professional Discussion – A discussion about the contents of the learner’s portfolio
- Knowledge Test – This encompasses 40 multiple choice questions