How Ginger Nut Deliver
Our training delivery is based on a blended model of one-to-one sessions every four weeks, with group sessions, webinars, online courses, video, and additional support as required. This means that our learners have the guidance they need as well as the flexibility to learn around the requirements of their jobs. We find that this approach reduces disruption for the learners and their line managers giving everyone the best chance of benefitting from the training and completing the course.
To support learning, all learners are given access to LinkedIn Learning, including bespoke channels designed to support their apprenticeship and Perlego, which includes full searchable access to hundreds of thousands of textbooks to support study. In addition, learners have access to Cisco Networking Academy which includes additional video learning and supporting materials.
Training is structured around a series of one-to-one visits covering the following core topics:
- Basic architecture and connection media
- Numerical skills and internet protocol networks
- Fundamentals of networks
- Maintaining secure network
- Mobile and remote management
- Ticketing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing
- Principles of security and maintenance
- Cloud services, backups, and virtualisation
- Communication and cultural awareness
- Route specific topics
- Presentation, customer service, stakeholder management skills
To support the learners’ knowledge, we deliver the following training courses alongside the apprenticeship:
- Cisco IT Essentials
- Cisco Cybersecurity Essentials
- Cisco Networking Essentials
Project Activity and Portfolio Building
Evidence collected covers knowledge, skills and behaviours and helps the learner build the experience and portfolios they need to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
A work-based project will be completed by the apprentice, which mustbe based on one of the following:
- a specific problem
- a recurring issue
- an idea/opportunity
- providing a service
Gateway and End Point Assessment
We give learners mock synoptic projects and interviews to ensure they are ready for the End Point Assessment and know precisely what to expect at all points in the process.
The End Point Assessment itself includes:
- Professional Discussion underpinned by their Portfolio
- Project report with questioning